August 6, 2021
Dear Family Member/Resident Representative:
We are now allowing visitation as our outbreak test for the first round did not identify any new positive cases. Our second round of testing will be August 10th for all staff and residents. As a reminder, visitation is at all times except:
· when the county positivity rate is >10% and <70% of residents in the facility are fully vaccinated,
· for residents with confirmed COVID-19 infection, whether vaccinated or not until they have met the criteria to discontinue Transmission Based Precautions, and
· for residents in quarantine, vaccinated or not, until they have met criteria for release from quarantine.
Our Rehabilitation and Wedgewood I Units are active Yellow Zones. We anticipate Wedgewood I to go to a Green Zone on August 17th as long as there are no other cases identified. If your loved one resides on the second floor, you must enter through the Main Lobby to be screened first and then drive around to the second entrance where the Receptionist will unlock the door for your entry.
We will continue to adhere to the core principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention to reduce the potential for transmission. All residents will continue to be monitored each shift for signs and symptoms and will be tested if symptoms consistent with COVID-19 are identified. The Receptionist continues to monitor and records temperatures for all upon entering the facility.
CMS’s direction continues to allow facilities to be less restrictive with resident visitation, however, we need to adhere to CMS’s Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention:
• Screening of all who enter the facility for signs and symptoms of COVID-194 (e.g. temperature checks, questions or observations about signs or symptoms), and denial of entry of those with signs or symptoms
• Hand hygiene (use of alcohol-based hand rub is preferred)
• Face covering or mask (covering the mouth and nose)
• Social distancing at least six feet between persons
• Instructional signage throughout the facility and proper visitor education on COVID-19 signs and symptoms, infection control precautions, other applicable facility practices (e.g., use of face covering or mask, specified entries, exits and routes to designated areas, hand hygiene)
• Cleaning and disinfecting high frequency touched surfaces in the facility often, and designated visitation areas after each visit
• Appropriate staff use of PPE
• Effective cohorting of residents (e.g., separate areas dedicated COVID-19 care)
• Resident and staff testing conducted as required
It is still recommended that visits occur outside as much as possible as well as continue to maintain social distancing. This protects your loved one, you, and our staff.
Again, you may also visit anytime, however the areas that we have designated for safe visits are limited, so they will be at a first come, first serve basis. Some residents are not able to leave their room. In these cases, the Receptionist/Designee will be tracking who is having an in-room visit and non-appointment time visits. We encourage that visits be limited to two persons per visit and the visit time will be monitored as needed so that we can accommodate everyone.
The In Person-Outdoor Visit procedure is outlined and has been included with this letter for your reference.
There is a visitor table set up in the main lobby area that will provide education regarding COVID-19 and our processes for your visit.
As a reminder, here is a list where you can find more information and what else is going on in the facility:
· A dedicated phone line for those who may not have internet access: 717-815-6179. It is updated daily after 4pm with a recorded message.
Follow us on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Colonial/Manoryork to stay informed as to what is happening at the facility.
Zoom visits can still be scheduled for Tuesdays and Thursdays by contacting Colleen Kruft, our Therapeutic Recreation Director, at 717-815-6196 or by emailing her at email@example.com.
Lawrence, MHA, NHA
Visitor Reference Guide
Appointment Time Visits (outdoors when weather allows)
Monday through Friday Times: 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1:30, and 2:30pm.
Weekends: 10am, 10:45am, 11:30am, 2pm, 2:45pm, and 3:30pm.
Tuesdays and Thursdays are open for continued Virtual Visits.
Families can come to designated visitation area wearing a mask (that will always remain on) and check in at the sanitation station. You will need to fill out a handwashing competency form as well as an informed consent form if you have not completed one previously. You will then be directed to your visitation area where your loved one will be waiting. There should be no physical if one is unvaccinated. Residents are to use hand sanitizer before and after the visit and be wearing a mask the entire time. We will monitor visits for social distancing.
Non-Appointment Time Visits
If you choose not to make an appointment time, available visitation tables or in room visits for residents unable to leave their room, will be at a first come first serve basis.
Upon entry, please refer to the Visitor Table in the lobby. The receptionist will assist you with your request to visit and direct you to the designated visitor room.
Regardless of which visit you choose, please do not bring food items during the visit time. Drop offs are to be given to the Receptionist.
Visitors who are unable to adhere to the core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention will not be permitted to visit and may be asked to leave the facility.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation!